BCS Staff Needs
2021 – 2022
Urgent Needs – What we really need to be able to serve the students enrolled at BCS
- Office Staff:
- Finance Manager
- Kitchen Manager
- Secondary Teachers
- Especially an ICT (computers) teacher
- EAL/English Teacher
- Primary Teacher
- Mother Tongue (Korean, Dutch, German, Spanish)
- Dorm Staff:
- Dorm Coordinator
- Dorm Parents
- 1-2 male general helpers
Nonurgent Needs – Other positions that would be helpful
- Other :
- Maintenance (part-time)
- Teacher’s Assistant
- Speech Therapist
What we are looking for
- A Passion to serve God by helping missionary families to stay in their ministry for as long as possible.
- A Willingness to serve wherever needed.
- Participation in the MK Pre-Field-Orientation (MKPFO) Course that is currently held each year. This includes: Introduction to Third Culture Kids (TCKs), basic insight into international community life (communication issues, cultural differences etc.), child safeguarding, teaching in an international setting, preparation for the spiritual impact of serving at BCS, living in a Muslim country and much more.
- French is not essential for short term workers but basic knowledge would be highly recommendable as we interact with Senegalese and some non-English speaking parents
We prefer teachers who have teaching qualifications, though we do accept people with a passion for teaching who are not formally qualified. A key quality is flexibility and a willingness to be involved where needed. Coming to teach at BCS means committing wholeheartedly to a life in community and engaging with what’s going on on-site and the people on-site.
We expect staff to commit to (at least) one school year (August-July).