Staff Needs 2017-2018 and beyond...
We are looking for people who would love to serve God, working at our MK school in Senegal/West Africa. Have a look at our current flyer about working with us!
Contact us for more info about any of these roles.
What we are looking for
- A Passion to serve God by helping missionary families to stay in their ministry for as long as possible.
- A Willingness to serve wherever needed.
- Participation in the MK Pre-Field-Orientation (MKPFO) Course that is currently held each year at the WEC headquarters in England. This includes: Introduction to Third Culture Kids (TCKs), basic insight into international community life (communication issues, cultural differences etc.), child safeguarding, teaching in an international setting, preparation for the spiritual impact of serving at BCS, living in a Muslim country and much more.
- French is not essential for short term workers but basic knowledge would be highly recommendable as we interact with Senegalese and some non-English speaking parents
We prefer teachers who have teaching qualifications, though we do accept people with a passion for teaching who are not formally qualified. A key quality is flexibility and a willingness to be involved where needed. Coming to teach at BCS means committing wholeheartedly to a life in community and engaging with what's going on on-site and the people on-site.
We expect staff to commit to (at least) one school year (August-July).
- 3 Primary teachers
- Mother Tongue class teacher: Korean, Portuguese
School Administrator - from May 2017 onwards
The purpose of this role is to undertake much of the administration of the school, so that the school can continue to provide excellent education in a Christ-centred community to the children of missionaries working in West Africa.
Also needed urgently
- 2 sets of dorm parents
- 3 male dorm helpers
- Nurse/Person with medical background
Special needs teacher
Mother Tongue class teachers
in these languages:
Non-Teaching Staff needs
- Chaplain (Spiritual Oversight)