Staff Needs 2019-2020 and beyond...
Contact us for more info about any of these roles.
What we are looking for
- A Passion to serve God by helping missionary families to stay in their ministry for as long as possible.
- A Willingness to serve wherever needed.
- Participation in the MK Pre-Field-Orientation (MKPFO) Course that is currently held each year. This includes: Introduction to Third Culture Kids (TCKs), basic insight into international community life (communication issues, cultural differences etc.), child safeguarding, teaching in an international setting, preparation for the spiritual impact of serving at BCS, living in a Muslim country and much more.
- French is not essential for short term workers but basic knowledge would be highly recommendable as we interact with Senegalese and some non-English speaking parents
We prefer teachers who have teaching qualifications, though we do accept people with a passion for teaching who are not formally qualified. A key quality is flexibility and a willingness to be involved where needed. Coming to teach at BCS means committing wholeheartedly to a life in community and engaging with what's going on on-site and the people on-site.
We expect staff to commit to (at least) one school year (August-July).
Teaching staff - Secondary:
Secondary Teachers (Years 7-9 and IGCSE) for these subjects
- ICT (computers)
- Design technology
- EAL – also for Primary
Teaching Staff - Primary
3 Primary Teachers – we normally have 3 classes in the primary school – Years K - 6. Depending on the number and make-up of students they could be grouped in different ways. But there is always a mix of year groups in one classroom.
Other Teaching Staff
- Special Needs Teacher/Assistant
- Mother tongue teachers (Portuguese, Spanish)
- 1 set of dorm parents
- 2 General helpers (one male, one female)
The purpose of this role is to undertake much of the administration of the school, so that the school can continue to provide excellent education in a Christ-centred community to the children of missionaries working in West Africa.
The administrator is responsible to the Directors of the school. The administrator supports them and also the Principal and the Finance Manager in their work.
School Directors (from April 2020)
Finance manager (from April 2020)
Kitchen manager (from April 2020)
School Maintenance person
(this is part time and could be shared with another role)
Take a spiritual and pastoral lead for the entire school.